Raul Martinez Jr.
2015-05-29 04:17:45 UTC
I've been trying to find articles or blog-post about replicaSet data
duplication but perhaps my search keywords are not correct.
Basically, I want to duplicate an existing replicaSet and replicaSet data
using the following steps
1. Given a working and established replicaSet named "REPL1" with three
(3) members A, B, C
2. Given a new set of servers that forms a new replicaSet called "REPL2"
with three (3) members C,D,E,F (F is an arbiter)
3. Stop the mongod running on Server C
4. Remove server C from REPL2
5. Modify the mongod configuration of Server C so it becomes a temporary
member of REPL1
6. Remove the contents of /var/lib/mongo/ --- to allow for initialSync
7. Start the mongod in Server C
8. Add Server C to REPL1 replicaSet (hidden: true, priority: 0)
9. Wait until Server C becomes a full fledged SECONDARY (initial sync
occurs at this time)
10. When Server C's status is SECONDARY, remove Server C from REPL1
11. Stop the mongod daemon in Server C
12. Modify the mongodb configuration of Server to it becomes a member of
13. Start the mongod daemon in Server C
14. Add Server C to REPL2 (rs.add(...))
15. Expectation: Server C will immediately join the replicaSet and I
would have forced it to become a primary and perform initial sync on the
rest of the members of REPL2.
16. BUT, I'm getting the following message:
*"lastHeartbeatMessage" : "Our replica set configuration is
invalid or does not include us",*
Can somebody point me to the right direction?
Thanks in advance!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "mongodb-user"
For other MongoDB technical support options, see: http://www.mongodb.org/about/support/.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "mongodb-user" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mongodb-user.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mongodb-user/619d62e1-1f6e-41cf-adae-f6c0d2831851%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.