[mongodb-user] [mongodb 3.0] All secondaries sync from hidden node in replicaSet
Dushyant Dixit
2018-12-10 08:04:37 UTC
Hello,

Problem: We run into unfortunate situation where all secondaries were
syncing either from hidden node (which we use to take backup) or other
secondaries but none of them were syncing directly from primary

We realised this when we started facing write exceptions whenever our
backup script runs. This is because while taking backups we take fsync
lock on filesystem which blocks write operation and since we use
write-concern 2 the writes did not succeed

As per mongodb Doc, “Secondaries avoid syncing from delayed members and hidden
members.” Ref: https://docs.mongodb.com/v3.0/core/replica-set-sync/

Is this a known issue? or Bug?