Need Some Help
Christopher Parker
2018-10-20 04:54:59 UTC
I'm under a major time crunch. I'm willing to pay someone to skype with me
to walk me through:

1) Installing MongoDB on a Mac
2) Installing BI Connector
4) Create ODBC via BI Connector

There are various help files and documents but I have run out of time to
troubleshoot what I'm doing incorrectly. Anyone familiar with
mongodb/biconnector interested in during some tutoring?
robert.walters via mongodb-user
2018-10-21 13:07:47 UTC
Hi Christopher,

Do you have to install this locally or can you use a public cloud for your
testing? You can easily do #1-3 in a few minutes with MongoDB Atlas
<https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/>. It will also provide you the exact
mongoimport syntax to use to upload to the cluster. What is left is just
step 4, installing the driver and creating a DSN. Steps are here
<https://docs.mongodb.com/bi-connector/master/reference/odbc-driver/>.

Thanks,
Rob
Christopher Parker
2018-10-22 01:43:27 UTC
I've actually created it with Atlas but I can only use BI connector in
Atlas if I upgrade number of servers. So I've tried to install BI
Connector on my local machine and thats where I've run into an issue. Im
sure it's simple

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mongodb-user/0683a536-4f11-4426-b0e1-3bc748595110%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mongodb-user/0683a536-4f11-4426-b0e1-3bc748595110%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
Rinku Yadav
2018-10-22 02:04:01 UTC
Hi Christopher,

Can you try this below link,

https://docs.atlas.mongodb.com/bi-connection/

Post by Christopher Parker
I'm under a major time crunch. I'm willing to pay someone to skype with
1) Installing MongoDB on a Mac
2) Installing BI Connector
4) Create ODBC via BI Connector
There are various help files and documents but I have run out of time to
troubleshoot what I'm doing incorrectly. Anyone familiar with
mongodb/biconnector interested in during some tutoring?
<javascript:>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mongodb-user.
Vishwadeep Kapoor
2018-10-21 15:55:54 UTC
Hi Parker,

For step 1:
you can use brew which will be easiest way to install,
Below are some of the links you can use, using brew it will be easy for
you, if you need to change your *mongo version* in future wrt the BI
connector.

https://treehouse.github.io/installation-guides/mac/mongo-mac.html
https://medium.com/@himeshvats19/up-running-with-mongodb-in-7-simple-steps-using-brew-on-macos-sierra-785730a7e6b0

Rinku Yadav
2018-10-21 16:21:13 UTC
Hi Christopher,

Below video might be useful for step 1.

Hi Parker,
Post by Christopher Parker
I'm under a major time crunch. I'm willing to pay someone to skype with
1) Installing MongoDB on a Mac
2) Installing BI Connector
4) Create ODBC via BI Connector
There are various help files and documents but I have run out of time to
troubleshoot what I'm doing incorrectly. Anyone familiar with
mongodb/biconnector interested in during some tutoring?
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mongodb-user/eefaa08e-7a6d-47e4-b4af-c6f6d0cd6145%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mongodb-user/eefaa08e-7a6d-47e4-b4af-c6f6d0cd6145%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
Rinku Yadav
BE(CSE Graduate-2018)
Ph:7508023064
LinkedIn-https://www.linkedin.com/in/rinku-yadav-55013a142/
Robert Cochran
2018-10-22 02:21:43 UTC
Hi Christopher,

I believe that you need to have MongoDB Enterprise installed on your Mac.
It appears to me that the free download version 4.0.3 of Enterprise for the
OS X platform has no SSL support. I'm unclear of the effect this has, in
terms of using BI Connector. The BI Connector requires MongoDB Enterprise,
and I think you need to have a service level agreement for it as well (that
is, the licensed version of MongoDB Enterprise and BI Connector.)

I'm not familiar with BI Connector and I'm not familiar with the licensed
version of MongoDB Enterprise and the tools that come with it. So others
can correct my mistaken assumptions, if any.

I've also thought that MongoDB has trouble with the latest versions of OS X
because of Apple's file system. I could be wrong, or perhaps all the issues
have been resolved in recent MongoDB releases.

You don't indicate what version of OS X you are using.

Good luck to you!

Bob
'Kevin Adistambha' via mongodb-user
2018-10-23 04:55:33 UTC
Hi Christopher,

Are you still having issues? It might be worth explaining what you are
trying to achieve with BI connector & ODBC. A description of what you did
exactly and what error message you encountered would be helpful.

Please note that MongoDB BI connector does require an Enterprise Advanced
subscription and was intended for on-premise deployments, although it is
free to evaluate. It will also work with the community version of MongoDB,
which does come with SSL capabilities under OSX.

Regarding APFS, there is a ticket describing an investigation into this:
SERVER-31647 <https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-31647>. In the ticket,
it appears that the performance issues were tied to the upgrade to APFS
rather than the filesystem itself. It seems that after the upgrade period
has finished, performance was restored.

Best regards,
Kevin
​